Re: [OM] Buying on E-Bay

Subject: Re: [OM] Buying on E-Bay
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 23:45:28 EDT
In a message dated 5/29/01 12:07:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> If you are buying an OM-2S, ask if the
>  flash ready LED is green or red.  Ask if the camera includes both the
>  battery and the motor drive cover.

In all, a good set of "rules" to follow, Bill.  I would just add, with
regards to the OM-2S, as an example, that if it's not obvious from the
photos, ask the seller if ALL caps are present, and NAME them, (battery
compartment, motor drive bay, TTL cord socket, PC socket), so the seller
knows that you are aware of what you're asking about, and you are expecting
answers to specific questions.  I've seen several photos in ads for OM-2Ss
where I couldn't tell if one or more of the caps were there, and the
description didn't tell me either.  Intentional?  Who knows?  And as you
said, if the seller cannot (or willnot?) answer all your questions,
completely, assume the worst.

What ISN'T stated in an ad can often be a tipoff that this is indeed a worst
case scenario.

I just received a body cap & rear lens cap from a seller for an auction that
stated (and pictured) a front & rear lens cap set.  Second time this same
seller has done this.  First time, he sent the proper cap, and said to keep
the other one.  So I bid on another auction of his, and again get the wrong
cap.  Here we go again....

Rich