Re: [OM] Buying on E-Bay

Subject: Re: [OM] Buying on E-Bay
From: "Malcolm Clay" <zuiko@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 17:02:21 -0500
Several recent posts have started my little brain to rattling around
concerning OM camera gear descriptions in auctions.

Would it be a good service if a website offered sellers a form which would
prompt them for information, then build an html description which they could
cut and paste into an eBay auction description? Kind of a 10 point checklist
of quality evaluation. If you are interested please see a prototype page I
have posted this afternoon: http://users2.ev1.net/~zuiko/om_eval.html

Please reply to me off-list and let me know if you think this might be a
service or waste of time. (I wouldn't mind onlist replies but don't want to
generate lots of traffic if everyone thinks it is trash. (I'll tally the
count and post if yall want.))

My hope is to increase honesty and accuracy on eBay. Maybe I can't do
anything about the genuinely dishonest, but I hope to be able to reduce the
errors of fact and omission. I would also be happy to try to prepare a
primer on OM eBay bidding and anti-fraud and post. Maybe with links to the
eBay bid history site and a group input on effective feedback methods.