Re: [OM] Buying on E-Bay

Subject: Re: [OM] Buying on E-Bay
From: Warren Kato <xato0@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 18:07:05 -0700 (PDT)
--- Malcolm Clay <zuiko@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Several recent posts have started my little brain to
> rattling around
> concerning OM camera gear descriptions in auctions.
>
> Would it be a good service if a website offered
> sellers a form which would
> prompt them for information, then build an html
> description which they could
> cut and paste into an eBay auction description? Kind
> of a 10 point checklist
> of quality evaluation.

May you be commended in an attempt to increase
accuracy. But what I do is ask 3 questions:
1. Is there any mechanical problem with the lens?
2. Are there any optical blemishes or problems?
3. Are there any cosmetic defects in the item?

If they don't respond, then they are basically crossed
off the list of items to bid on.
If they indirectly respond, you have to figure out if
they are being dishonest or just bozos who can't frame
a cogent reply.
If they reply in a detailed and straightforward
manner, then I feel pretty secure about the dealings.

Warren