RE: [OM][OT] Shooting monitors

Subject: RE: [OM][OT] Shooting monitors
From: "Kiker, James" <jkiker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 16:53:26 -0500
Tom wrote:

>Although I am no lawyer, I'm not sure I agree with you on the
ownership.
>Remember, this is his employer and he is performing a function
requested by
>his employer. I would guess he signed an agreement when he started that
>pretty much anything he does at their request belongs to them, even
ideas.

That's sort of how I see it.  It is intellectual property of my company
now, since it was performed at work during company hours, even though I
used my equipment and knowledge.  Our marketing people created the
concept, and I just executed it on film under their direction.  You
could easily argue it both ways.  I just wanted to hear what other
people thought of it.  By the way, the transparencies came out great.
An exposure of one second at f/16 was the one we went with.  It's at BWC
in Dallas now being turned into a 120MB file by a drum scanner.  They're
removing most of the green cast during the scanning process, and our
resident Photoshop guru will take over from there.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and comments.  My first large format
commercial assignment was thankfully a success.

James