Re: [OM] Diopters (Was Infinity focus & focusing screens)

Subject: Re: [OM] Diopters (Was Infinity focus & focusing screens)
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 08:50:41 -0700
<snippety snip much good info>
> ...So, everyone, get out your prescription, read the second number in the
> prescription, and if it is below a 1.50 dioptor, be happy. If not, get your
> eyes examined every two years and wear them when focusing.
>
> Susan Steele
> Virginia USA

Susan, a question regarding wearing glasses when focusing.

Others are probably in the same boat. I'm at a point where bifocals are
marginally necessary for close work. This time I had the Dr. cut my
prescription without bifocals since they don't work in my line of work
and I simply remove the glasses for close up. I'm going to have a second
pair of glasses made for close to mid range. Bifocals are in the near
future.

Question: I've been wearing my glasses to focus as the subject appears
to be far away where my glasses work. Now I'm thinking that maybe the
distance to the focusing screen is more critical. Should I remove my
glasses to focus? And similarly, should one focus using the bifocal or
the long vision part of the lens?

Thanks, Mike
PS I see that you are an AOL user that _doesn't_ clutter up the digest.
Thanks! Whatever you do it works. Perhaps another thread with directions
for the other AOL'ers?