Re: [OM] Diopters (Was Infinity focus & focusing screens)

Subject: Re: [OM] Diopters (Was Infinity focus & focusing screens)
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 22:19:35 EDT
In a message dated 5/20/01 6:57:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx writes:

>snip<
> It seems that astigmatism causes the addition of a dioptor correction lens
>  the viewfinder of an OM camera not too be effective.  It will be
interesting
>  to see the difference when I am able to look thru the viewfinder of the
>  OM-4Ti I am buying from George.  I can set the diopter in that viewfinder.

>  I'll comment on it soon.

Please do, Dave, as I was just told that I now have astigmatism in one eye,
too (I forget which - will have to call back).  The new glasses are an
improvement.  But I have been thinking of getting a diopter lens (or lenses)
for my OM-1, 1n and 2S.  And THINKING of the OM-4T/Ti. :>)

I shot a test roll of film thru my recently-acquired OM-1n, and noticed some
of the prints were not so good in the focus dept. (this was just before I got
my new glasses, and it was kinda cold & chilly, and rain threatened -- so I
was kinda rushing it, which I normally don't do when taking pics -- so I
don't suspect the camera at all -- I suspect ME).

I'll be shooting again shortly -- the wx is gorgeous here and is forecast to
stay so for a few days-- and will pay a LOT more attention to focus and depth
of field.  But I'd sure like to hear more from others on diopter solutions.

Susan, care to add your 2-bits worth on this topic?  I KNOW Dave and I aren't
alone.

Rich