Re: [OM] Diopters (Was Infinity focus & focusing screens)

Subject: Re: [OM] Diopters (Was Infinity focus & focusing screens)
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 02:00:46 EDT
In a message dated 5/21/01 1:01:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Doggre@xxxxxxx
writes:

> Would that be the "cylinder" number?  Mine is -0.75 in my right eye.  Am I
>
>  lucky boy (this year?)?  My "sphere" number for the rt. eye is -2.00, and
> the
>  "segment" number is +2.75 (is this for the bi-focal, lower segment of the
>  lens?).  I have those "Vari-Lux" type variable lenses -- it's a love/hate
>  relationship.  So I'm a little worried about just where I will be looking
>  thru the lenses when focusing on the viewfinder.  I guess the prints will
>  tell the story.

Right on all counts..just be sure to look thru the top to mid half of your
progressive when focusing! (not that you could thru your "bifocal"
portion..you have a strong bifocal correction).

You're dead on with waiting until all your prints are blurry to know you have
a problem..best detection scheme I can think of! :=)

Susan

Susan Steele
Virginia USA