[OM] Just my luck or Theres no fool like an old fool

Subject: [OM] Just my luck or Theres no fool like an old fool
From: "gwsears" <gwsears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 21:13:01 -0400
Just a follow-up to my earlier message concerning my eBay
purchase, BIN, of an Olympus 300/4.5.

I bought the lens for $225 + $12 shipping on 4 May 01. Paid by
Paypal the same day.

On 11 May i saw the identical lens up for auction on eBay newly
listed. Asked the seller if he was reselling the lens that i had
previously purchased. He replied no, your lens has long been
shipped.
He said there had been a mistake and the auction had been
closed. It had been closed, reason being, item lost or broken...

Friday, 18 May 01, i received the lens, post marked 16 May 01.
Upon opening the package and fearing the worst, was what was left
of a 300/4.5, in two pieces. Yes it was broken in half.

Have phoned the seller, he was not home and has not returned my
call and have emailed him as well, no reply yet.

I'll let yall know how this turns out.

GeoW