Re: [OM] 50f/1.4 breakpoint

Subject: Re: [OM] 50f/1.4 breakpoint
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 18:03:26 +0000
At 21:43 5/15/01, Bruce Kolber wrote:
I would think so and adds to the likelihood that the MC label (or lack of
it) on the bezel is not related to the breakpoint...I think we will
eventually find that there are both early and late varities of the coatings
within the same range of serials......in other words, there probably was no
breakpoint.....just a fairly large duration of breakin depending on the line
or lines of manufacture.
Bruce Kolber
St. Petersburg, FL  33715
USA

As I understand it, the dropping of the "MC" marking is related to when _all_ of the single coated lenses were dropped from production. If all the lenses are multi-coated, it obviates the need for an "MC" marking.

-- John