Re: [OM] 55mm f/1.2 [was: Re: olympus-digest V2 #2405]

Subject: Re: [OM] 55mm f/1.2 [was: Re: olympus-digest V2 #2405]
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 16:38:13 +1000
Kirk's in Ringwood - right? Or did the guys at Camera exchange have one?
It's a 0.95mm I think you'll find. I've actually contemplated breaking into
Kirks and stealing it in my darker moments! (Dammit, it's in a case - not
being USED).
That was just very rare glass (and a thing of wonder). We could dress up in
big yellow HAZCHEM bio-suits and go save them from it (serious bio-hazard
for the counter staff!)
AndrewF
ps. I got a call from a guy once who found a Canon 0.95mm in the bottom of
a box of old Wratten filters he'd bought at an auction. Didn't have a clue
what it was or what it fitted. He paid US$10 for the auction lot. Erk!