Re: [OM] 55mm f/1.2 [was: Re: olympus-digest V2 #2405]

Subject: Re: [OM] 55mm f/1.2 [was: Re: olympus-digest V2 #2405]
From: "Marcus b6" <marcusb6@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 20:59:50 -0700
I had assumed the yellow in the glass was a result of the radioactivity
affecting the glass and or coatings -- I didn't think this lens came with
the yellow tint in it when new.

On another list they were talking about this, and apparently the glass does yellow from the radioactivity. This is apparently a problem that glass manufacturers have been trying to solve for various radioactive applications that require clear glass. -Marcus