Re: [OM] I need your help, or: Photo Altering Ethics

Subject: Re: [OM] I need your help, or: Photo Altering Ethics
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 11:50:47 EDT
In a message dated 5/12/01 5:42:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time, DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
writes:

> 1)Would you please look at one example? You can see the original picture
>  (Evelyn's) and the slightly altered shot...rotated, window panes deleted,
>  colors tinted a bit differently, etc. in the second (Lisa's). I think she
>  just went into an image-altering program and slightly altered the pic.

I copied them to a photo program, flipped one of them and they are not the
same photo altered. There are many point of dissimilarity as Lisa points out.
I'm not an expert at copyright law but I would guess that there are many
drapery treatments that look similar. Even if you had a case, it would be
just your bad luck to draw a judge whose eyes would glaze over when
"decorating" was mentioned.

http://www.angelfire.com/ca7/xato/images/Drapery1.jpg

Warren