Re: [OM][OT] Forwarded- Ebay & Paypal.com- The Good and the Bad

Subject: Re: [OM][OT] Forwarded- Ebay & Paypal.com- The Good and the Bad
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 19:17:05 EDT
George,
I had a minor wake-up call with PayPal last month. In December I had a friend
write me that a card that had only been used on PayPal (it was new and had
only been used four times on PayPal) had been illegally used, so I took
notice. Then, in Jan I had a seller write and ask if I would use PalPal to
pay her, and, as I had used it before , i said 'no problem'. My bank transfer
number and all were already registered, but when I went to send it in PayPal
insists on my entering my credit card info even tho this was a bank
transaction. I would not. PayPal then wrote her that "the transaction would
not be guaranteed should she agree", so she denied (cancelled) the
transaction, and Ebay wrote me that the transaction was cancelled as the
buyer would not agree to terms. I wrote Ebay back and told them to totally
cancel my transfer.

Two months later, guess what shows up on my bank balance? Yup...PayPal went
ahead and transfered it into my PayPal account, even tho they said it was
cancelled and even tho I wrote them back asking for it to be voided.

This, plus the stories filtering down now convince me to stay away from
PayPal.
Susan

Susan Steele
Virginia USA