Re: [OM] OM-4 Test Pictures

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 Test Pictures
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 21:07:19 -0600
On 7 May 2001, at 17:18, John Hermanson wrote:

> Older 4s had a tendency to shift asa settings when the compensation dial
> was used.  If you compare a T to an old 4 you'll note that the knurled part
> of the asa dial is about 1 mm taller than the old version.

Interesting!  My new-to-me OM-4 (serial #1115xxx) has a tendancy to
shift the ASA setting when I move the compensation dial, but has the
newer circuit (battery check goes out after 30 seconds).  Would it be an
"older 4" or a newer one?  Just curious...

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  It's no big deal, really...  I just know now that I've gotta watch
when I move the compensation dial that I'm not also move the ASA
setting.  Since I don't often use exposure compensation, and can do
pretty much the same thing with spot metering, I don't think it will be
bothersome.

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.nucleus.com/~coneill