Re: [OM] heresy, shutter speed rings.

Subject: Re: [OM] heresy, shutter speed rings.
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 01:32:35 +0100
Dirk Wright wrote:.

> ... The
> only thing missing in my judgement is the inability to lock in an EV by
> having the option of connecting up the shutter speed ring and the aperture
> ring and rotating them together, as in the Hassleblad camera. Olympus
missed
> on that one.

Good thing too - the later Kodak Retinas had this feature and you have a
depress a button while rotating the rings to select a different combination.
Most annoying after an hour or two.

The placement of the shutter ring on an OM does mean that you can look along
the lens barrel and see easily the relationship between speeds and apertures
though and it would be specially useful with the 35-70 f3.5-4.5 where the
two rings are closer together.

-Keith Berry