Re: [OM] heresy

Subject: Re: [OM] heresy
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 07:54:36 +0100
Yup Marcus, that is heresy :>).

Seriously though, the discussion a couple of years back was that it was one of the best features of the camera. I find it great, and the Fuji RF that I have just bought has a similar arrangement.

Chris

Realizing that I stand a good chance of being impaled on a stake, my well poisoned, my fields salted, and my name wispered as a warning to children...do people actually like the shutter speed ring placement on OM's? I mean the darn thing is fiddly and hard to find, especially with a large lens and tripod ring. I absolutely hate it. I think an OM-10 with its manual shutter speed accessory might be just the ticket to enjoy my Zuiko glass more. Is the ring supposed to be a desirable feature, or was it an engineering neccessity that was carried through the line as a perverse tribute to the OM-1? It gets worse with my OM-4, because the prism housing obscures the view of the speed setting, not to mention that confounded and thrice darned little button that you have to push for "bulb". I keep thinking I'll get used to the novelty of this arrangement, but I haven't yet. Promise me I will learn to love it, and I will try harder to believe that Maitani's genius as a designer is absolute. -Marcus (who otherwise loves his Zuiko's; and his compact, full featured camera bodies)
--
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, England.