Re: [OM] [OT] Flash vs. Auto light meters

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Flash vs. Auto light meters
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 11:53:59 +1000
I have a Minolta Autometer IVF. It does flash, with or without cable
connection, and incident readings. No disadvantage and very compact. I saw
a pro at the Melbourne Formula 1 Grand Prix using one as a check meter
while shooting driver portraits in the pits.
It will also do reflected with a cheap gadget that replaces the invercone -
basically a disc with hole of the size that gives the correct reading. You
can also buy very expensive spot metering attachments - 5 or 10 degree -
though I don't see the point - not accurate enough for zone metering. (I'd
put a tele on my OM2sp and spot meter - that's tighter). You can even buy a
probe extension outfit that allows spot metering with a pen probe off a
ground glass back, through a viewfinder or off the film plane. Uses a AA
size battery!
Very good package and I like it lots.
AndrewF