RE: [OM] [OT] Flash vs. Auto light meters

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] Flash vs. Auto light meters
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 22:51:38 -0500
I agree about the Polaris  meter - compact and versatile (incident,
reflective & flash) for a pretty reasonable price (got mine  for $150 on
ebay). If you are  serious into flash, the Minolta meters might give you
more options.

But, I picked up a Gossen Luna-Pro cheap recently, and I'll have to admit
that is a fun meter to use. Just has that solid, mechanical, no-nonsense
quality and it pleases the senses too. No flash  functions, though.

And a Minolta Spotmeter F? I've played with one, and it is a nice little
unit. Might be nice for those tripod landscape shots so you don't have to
jockey the OM4 around to get your spot readings. But its flash function
doesn't seem too useful to me.

If you've got  a lot of cash, look at that do-everything Sekonic L-608. Wow.
But you would have to find an old Luna-Pro to go with it to dilute out some
of that computerized gadgetry....

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx