Re: [OM] What is the world coming to?

Subject: Re: [OM] What is the world coming to?
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:20:33 +0200
John

I have (almost) given up checking the windows of the 2 Jessopses
(sp?) in Bedford for their lack of OM stuff and general lack of
interest (sometimes anyway).  But last Saturday I visited London and
visited the ones on Kingsway and on New Oxford Street (looking for a
MF rangefinder though) and they are much more knowledgeable.  The
latter has a decent stock of most things from what I could see.

BTW, your disclaimers in 2 languages will tend to clog up the Digest.

Chris

We have 2 Jessops in Bedford!

The main one has a used OM40 body in the window with a label 'OM1 body £90'. I
asked a salesman what was the reason and he said that there would have been an
OM1 there recently and that's why the label was there. But the label and OM40
had been there 4 weeks previously to my certain knowledge with no sign of an
OM1!

I asked him why their web-site had no prices on second hand stuff
and he didn't
know. He said you have to ring the branch. But I did get a used OM10 case from
him for £5.

And they charge £8.49 to D&P a 36 exposure B&W film!