Re: [OM] Collector guides

Subject: Re: [OM] Collector guides
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:03:34 +0000
At 17:08 4/12/01, Doris Fang wrote:

  If what I've written on garage sailing/buying can be useful in this
book, please feel free to use it, edited as needed, or I'd be willing
to do a re-write.

                             *= Doris Fang =*

I've seen detached garages bought and sold before . . . unsual and you have to bring a BIG truck . . . but not outside the realm of personal experience. Possibly quite useful for storing the massive collection of OM bodies and Zuiko's, and provide covered parking for the SUV used to haul them with.

What I haven't seen is a garage sailing . . . a few might have looked like they were in some of the flood photos I've seen, but they're not terribly hydrodynamic and they invariably sink very rapidly.

The one exception wasn't a garage, but a multi-story commercial building, at the beginning of Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life." Always suspected it was special effects, but one can never be certain with their movies. Of course, this could become a template for methods used to raid camera shows and the like for their OM hardware.

:-)

-- John