Re: [OM] Collector guides

Subject: Re: [OM] Collector guides
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 15:05:46 -0700
<< Any volunteers for other areas?  >>

Please, please, the chapter about 50mm lens variations!!!  :-)

Serious, I could provide a price guide as part of the book.  At the risk
of putting the cart way before the horse, you can keep a book title in
ciculation for much longer by doing periodic editions. We can't count on
Olympus providing any new equipment to justify a new edition, so
annually or semi-annually updating a price guide would help sell books
to those who had already bought one. It would also give authors a chance
to polish their previous efforts, esp. if new information comes to
light. Not to mention it draws in the collectable resellers who don't
necessarily have a passion for Olympus, but need to identify stuff and
know what it is worth, much less have some basic information available
to describe what they have.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV