RE: Language, Really OT (was [OM] Cricket Match)

Subject: RE: Language, Really OT (was [OM] Cricket Match)
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 19:45:34 -0700
Someplace, I know not where, I have a book on the history of the English
language and it mentions that the earliest known derivative of the
Anglo-Saxon language was from a group of people that had been banished from
Germany and settled in England. That is all I remember about it. I'll find
the reference and let you know more precisely what it said if you're
interested. Of course, English has been influenced by many language sources.
Only the US version is truly "pure."  <g>

/jnm