[OM] Linear Polarizers (once more)

Subject: [OM] Linear Polarizers (once more)
From: Walt Wayman <HIWAYMAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 15:02:36 -0500
Message text written by INTERNET:olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I have a linear polarizer that I may need to use with OM-2S or OM-4T.  If
I make sure only to use it in manual mode, I should be OK, right?

Joel W.<

I?m sure somebody will correct me if I?m wrong, but I don?t think there?s
any problem using a linear polarizer in auto mode with the OM-4.  I do it
all the time.  Spot readings won?t be accurate, but the off-the-film
metering in the center-weighted auto mode is not affected.  The problem is
the mirror in spot mode, but the mirror is not involved in auto mode
exposure calculation if you haven?t taken spot readings.

Walt Wayman