Re: [OM] Linear Polarizers (once more)

Subject: Re: [OM] Linear Polarizers (once more)
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 07:34:54 -0600
Ray Moth wrote:

> Joel Wilcox wrote:
> I have a linear polarizer that I may need to use with OM-2S or OM-4T.
> If I make sure only to use it in manual mode, I should be OK, right?
> Joel,
>
> That is exactly what you should NOT do. The linear polarizer fools the
> photocells in the mirror box when the light passes through the

Thanks Ray, Walt, Jochen, Ken, George and all who responded. As my
friend Ken
reminded me privately, OTF means you can do anything whatever in front
of the lens mount and get away with it, which has taken my appreciation
of the OM system to new imaginative levels.  My imagination always works
better than my actual brain.

Joel W.