Re: [OM] Backpacking w/OM question

Subject: Re: [OM] Backpacking w/OM question
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 21:10:18 EST
I would take the 19-35, 35-70, and the 90/2. The first two because of weight
considerations and the last just because. The only trade-offs with the 19-35 as
far as I can see are the last of really close focusing and flare. I know you
have made a recent acquaintance with a 24mm but for travel considerations you
get a 19, 24, 28, and 35--4 lenses for just a few ounces. I don't know how long
it will last though. The 35-70 seems to be everyone's favorites.
And if you have a 90/2 its probably sharp enough you could cut out the central
portion and it would be the equivalent of a 135mm.

Warren
<<<
19-35/3.5-4.5 (Vivitar)
24/2.8 (which just I got for what I think was a *good* price <g>)
28/2.8
35-70 3.5-4.5
50/1.4
90/2
135/2.8
I love the 24; its going. I also thought I would take the 50 and 90, and 35-70,
with my OM-4T (bought new when they were < $500 from B&H). The 19-35 is the
only thing I have that can go wider than 24. On the other hand, I don't find
myself using it nearly as much as the 24.   Mike >>>