Re: [OM] Backpacking w/OM question

Subject: Re: [OM] Backpacking w/OM question
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 09:24:40 EST
In a message dated 3/14/01 12:11:18 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mstahulak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> So, I'm going on a 4 day backpacking trip in the Needles district of
>  Canyonlands National Park, my first real backpacking trip. I'm wondering
how
>  you experienced backpackers out there carry your camera gear (granted that
>  the amount of such gear should be minimized). It would seem to need to be
>  easily available and safe from rain (yep, it rains in southern Utah,
>  especially during backpacking trips, I understand) and other water. I'll
>  already be carrying a backpack, so my normal hiking fanny pack won't do
>  (plus its not waterproof).
>
>  Any suggestions?
>
>  thanks,
>
>  Mike

On a 4 day trip, food, water and shelter would be my main concerns. I would
take my regular unwaterproof pack and put it in the back pack. When it rains
and you won't be doing much photoing, it goes in the pack. When sunny, out it
comes. The only problem is comfort is trying to carry your pack plus
something else. It depends on what the other is. You could carry your fanny
pack in front unless uncomfortable.

What cameras and lens do you want to take? Have a great trip if I don't get a
chance to say it later.

Warren