Sv: [OM] Backpacking w/OM question

Subject: Sv: [OM] Backpacking w/OM question
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:02:03 +0100
Same experience here. I walked around in the Disko Bay area in Greenland for
four weeks last summer, carrying an OM-2 with 35-70 3.5-4.5, 28 2.8 and a
compact Tamron 70-210 with me (the Tamron, bought for it's compactness and low
weight, was a real disappointment). I attached a LowePro Nova I to the D-rings
(the rings on the front of the shoulder straps) and used the optional Lowe
waistband. It worked very fine, being mobile and having the camera ready all
the time. For daytrips I just put the Nova around the waist.

The bag works fine in dry climate and moderate rain. The seller of the bag
promised that the Nova I was water "tight" (it also looks that way), but one
day in pouring rain I found the camera with attached Tamron dipping in water at
the bottom of the bag. The moisture did not disappear from the bag for two
days. The camera and the other optics, however, did not get damaged at all.
"Try that with a new AF-SLR" I thought all the time...

Bernd