Sv: Sv: Sv: Sv: [OM] OM-2n at EI 1600??

Subject: Sv: Sv: Sv: Sv: [OM] OM-2n at EI 1600??
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:07:37 +0100
Hi,

> > I use to take a full frame metering with my OM 2 turning the frame
> > away from any strong light sources, in particular the faces of
> > spotlights. Then I turn the camera on maual mode and transfer the
> > value previously seen in auto mode to the manual exposure setting.
> > That's a little complicated, but it works.
>
> Never tried that one.  Mind you, when I started in this game my usual
> venue (Students' Union building, Warwick University) had quite a good
> light set up which was usually operated very, erm, dynamically so there
> wouldn't usually have been enough time.  Sticking to manual and guessing
> a compensation factor seemed to work best.

Yes. Unless the light is so dynamical that it changes more than 4 aperture
steps.

Yes - good shot. Or this: http://vendelbogade5.homepage.dk/image8.htm

> This was much easier on account of it being late afternoon at an outdoor
> festival, mind you.

Well, but sometimes the stage light is so strong compared to the ambient, that
light passing onto the stage from outside does not have a chance.

Bernd