Sv: Sv: Sv: [OM] OM-2n at EI 1600??

Subject: Sv: Sv: Sv: [OM] OM-2n at EI 1600??
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 18:47:02 +0100
Hi Ian,

> Have you evolved a strategy for dealing with light sources in the frame?
> Bending my brain over that one is what drove me to getting a 2SP in the
> first place.

I use to take a full frame metering with my OM 2 turning the frame away from
any strong light sources, in particular the faces of spotlights. Then I turn
the camera on maual mode and transfer the value previously seen in auto mode to
the manual exposure setting. That's a little complicated, but it works.
Sometimes i seek to get a musicians' head between the light souce and the
camera and just underexpose one aperture. Thereby I get a kind of corona
effect, with the face of the musician still properly exposed.

But, of course, spot meterings taken on the face, the clothes (if not black)
and the guitar works better, as my recent shots with the OM 4Ti show. I will
soon put some on my gallery.

Question to OM4 users: have you ever tired the shadow/highlight function in
light conditions as these?

Regards

Bernd
http://vendelbogade5.homepage.dk