Re: [OM] more BIN musings

Subject: Re: [OM] more BIN musings
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 23:27:22 -0500
BIN is another tool that feeds the immediate gratification need that the developed world has bent to. The web is the worst at that, and it has sucked me in too many times. Before the web, you had to actually GO to most stores or at least look through a catalog. And it's pretty easy to resist a catalog or a store.

But when you're talking about one-of-a-kind items on Ebay, the hunting instinct takes over. You HAVE TO buy that item before anyone else gets it. BIN makes it WAY TOO convenient.

You're right also, BIN is a very nice seller's tool. I bought an OM-2 via BIN for $99 with a Vivitar 28/2.8 last week. The guy lived 20minutes from my house. I went to his house, picked the lens up, and I'm $99 poorer. But I've got an OM-2 that's in very nice shape. It only needs a CLA from John; which it will have when I decide which new leather to put on it.

Skip