re: [OM] Are OM-2S Circuits Getting A Bad Rap?

Subject: re: [OM] Are OM-2S Circuits Getting A Bad Rap?
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 08:26:15 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Ray Moth wrote:

<SNIP>

> I think the only way we can try to answer the question of reliability
> of OM-2S circuitry is through a poll. I have owned and used a 2S now
> since 1985 and its circuits are still OK. Anyone else like to volunteer
> info about the longevity of OM-2S electronics?

My first OM2s/p had a complete replacement of the electronics just a short
while after purchase - under warrenty, of course. IIRC, the camera just
went dead one day. So I sent it to Olympus, who replaced the
electronics. And since then it's been flawless. I think it was
mid-eighties I had it repaired. It is still a beauty and is still serving
me well.

My second OM2s/p is one which I recently adopted from Giles. It was like
new in org. box etc., and works fine. Giles, do you know more about the
history of this camera? Has it had troubles before?

Sadly, I realized the optimality of the OM2s/p just after they went out of
production - so I only have these two bodies (I am open for donations,
though, for those of you who dislike your OM2s/p's...;) )

--
Mange hilsner / Sincerely

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)