re: [OM] Are OM-2S Circuits Getting A Bad Rap?

Subject: re: [OM] Are OM-2S Circuits Getting A Bad Rap?
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 19:51:01 -0800 (PST)
Alan wrote:
Gary,

Maybe all the 'bad' OM-2s (due to circuits) have already been thrown
away. Generally speaking, poor electronics fail faily quickly. The good
stuff last for a while until (eventually) a resister or similar fails
at the normal fail rate (anyone know what that is?).

>From my sample of one the OM-2s survival rate is 100%. However, I am a
relaitvely light user and I quasi baby the camera. Then again it is the
only OM I use on a regular basis and I will be quite sad when it dies
as
there is no body (I've seen) that can replace it. (I like the body
feature set/view finder better then om1, om2/2n, om4ti, ...).

Oh well. They should make some more...
I'm with you on this, Alan, although there are some things I prefer
about the OM-2n, like its smoother film advance and shutter speed
selector.

I think the only way we can try to answer the question of reliability
of OM-2S circuitry is through a poll. I have owned and used a 2S now
since 1985 and its circuits are still OK. Anyone else like to volunteer
info about the longevity of OM-2S electronics?

Regards,

=====
Ray