Re: [OM] Are OM-2S Circuits Getting A Bad Rap?

Subject: Re: [OM] Are OM-2S Circuits Getting A Bad Rap?
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 11:54:07 -0800
Great post Ken. As a long time OM-2S user (1985 was when I bought my
first one) and a much more recent OM-4T user (just a couple months) I
can really relate to and understand what you're saying.

I just did a car club shoot (21 rolls) and used three different bodies,
both of my OM-2Ss and my OM-4T. I didn't get real creative with the
OM-4T meter, typically default (no spots stored) averaging AE or a
single spot on a part of the track/grass that was around a middle tone
stored in memory (AE). Film was my usual Provia F at rated ISO. Since I
tend to not keep notes while shooting I do know know exactly which body
produced which results. But guess what? The slides all look pretty much
the same exposure-wise. (And there was a huge variation in the light
over the two days due to changing weather conditions, time of day, etc.)

I like the sound and feel of the -4T better than the -2S, I like the
flexibility of the spot memory but really doubt I will lean on it that
hard since the averaging AE in the -2S has served me well over the
years. If I ever get a MD2 the added sequence speed will be very useful
for start sequences (the only time I use sequence is for catching race
starts).

Much like my favorite automaker once suffered from, I could care less if
the OM-2S gets a bad rap since if that happens used ones just become
that much more of a bargain ;-)

I must admit, the first body I grab now is the -4T but that is as much
because of the "new toy" factor than anything else.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com