RE: [OM] newly introduced

Subject: RE: [OM] newly introduced
From: John F Wheeler <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 08:52:33 +1100
G'day Thomas,

Back in the early eighties I bought a secondhand Hasselblad. It was
absolutely pristine. After many loving hours of armchair fiddling I noticed
to my despair a 5mm ding on one corner of the aluminium shroud. I stormed
back to the dealer and demanded recompense, all to no avail.

The fellow just smiled and said, "We wouldn't have sold it to you at that
price with such a mark."

He was right of course. I must have had a little accident without even
knowing it. But even though it wasn't at all obvious I knew it was there so
bought a new shroud to keep as insurance against further bumps. A couple of
years later the camera was sold.

I've still got the spare shroud!

Ah, well.

Regards,