[OM] Chargers

Subject: [OM] Chargers
From: "John Palmer" <john.palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 08:39:17 -0000
I have a long and ignoble history of trashing NiCd batteries through
overcharging. I would like to use NiMHs in all sorts of things,
including the T32 and BG2 (obligatory Oly content!) but if I'm going
to burn them out as well, it's an expensive option.

I've been looking for intelligent chargers that will cope with NiMHs,
so far without success. But I was at the Focus on Imaging exhibition
in the UK this week, and a guy had some from a German manufacturer
called Friwo which are just starting to be distributed here. Has
anyone had experience of these?

Also, has anyone managed to rig an intelligent charger for the NiCds
in an MD2? Mine is off having the cells replaced (at H*U*G*E expense,
this being the UK) and I would like to look after it as well as I can.
I was going to ask if they could fit NiMHs, but this would still have
cost a fair bit, with no guarantees, and John H recently posted a
warning about this so I've gone with the kosher Oly option.

Cheers all
John