Re: [OM] Motor Drive 1/M. 18V Control Grip 1

Subject: Re: [OM] Motor Drive 1/M. 18V Control Grip 1
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 23:59:06 -0800
Actually early versions of the MD-1 did not work with the infocus triger cord,
instead of the small button and plug socket it had a large button. I actaully
have two of these old style ones. 12AA battereis do get expensive, but in the
18v grip they (lklines)  last next to forever, and 12 NiMH get REAL expensive
by the dozen!

Jim Couch

Tom Scales wrote:

> It should work fine with the in-focus cord.  I can't imagine why it won't.
> As for the NiMH, perhaps John or Clint can jump in, but I would think that
> would work fine too.  12AA batteries gets expensive!
>
> Great deal.....
>
> Tom
> Yo y'all,
>
> just received a Motor Drive 1 w/ M. 18V Control Grip 1 I recently sniped
> (ex- condition because of some spots with missing paint, approx. $ 100.-
> incl. sh). It is working perfectly, so I'm quite happy with it.
> What I would like to know is whether there is any reason not to use
> NiCd/NiMH batteries in the Control Grip 1.
> And is the Motor Drive 1 supposed to work with the OM-F/30 using the
> In-Focus Trigger Cord or do you need a Winder/Motor Drive 2 for this?
>
> As always - all hints and thoughts appreciated.
>
> MtFbwy,
> Volkhart

Jim Couch
Tacoma, WA USA