Re: [OM] Chargers

Subject: Re: [OM] Chargers
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 16:59:50 +0800
I guess the Ni-MH battery John H. mentioned is the one from "9V"
battery pack (if not please correct me), it has 150mAH capacity and it
seems not so good in delivery high current. The same type of "9V"
Ni-Cd has similar characteristic with around 120mAH capacity. They
both only delivery around 4.2fps on my MD-1s. I don't know what is the
capacity of original Olympus Ni-cd pack, but it can delivery 5fps on
my MD-1.

For the charger, I think the best way is to use lower charging current
of around 1/10C (~15 to 20mA) to avoid overcharge the battery. I think
it does no harm to the battery even you left it for one or two days,
the only problem is it takes you 14hrs to fully charge the battery. I
always use 100mA to charge my 1600mAH Ni-MH (for my E-10 ;-), just
left it there to charge for 20-24hrs, no worry about overcharge.

C.H.Ling

<snip>