Re: [OM] Chargers

Subject: Re: [OM] Chargers
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 07:55:07 -0700
At 08:39 AM 3/2/01 +0000, John Palmer wrote:
I have a long and ignoble history of trashing NiCd batteries through
overcharging. I would like to use NiMHs in all sorts of things,
including the T32 and BG2 (obligatory Oly content!) but if I'm going
to burn them out as well, it's an expensive option.

I've been looking for intelligent chargers that will cope with NiMHs,
so far without success.

John:

I assume you're talking about charging AA-sized batteries. Try the following link:

     http://thomas-distributing.com/maha-mh-c204f.htm

This is for the MAHA "Smart Charger," which reviewers have given extremely high marks to. I own one, and so far I'm mightily impressed. Unfortunately, unlike some of the other solutions touted here, this one costs real money. ;-)

Garth