Re: [OM] Film -- Slide Permanence

Subject: Re: [OM] Film -- Slide Permanence
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 20:42:50 EST
In a message dated 2/17/01 11:23:29 AM Pacific Standard Time,
brucea@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>snip<

> I thought I would go through my slides and see about
>  printing some.  I'm very disappointed that the Agfachromes are badly faded,
>  with distinct magenta casts.  The Ektachromes seem to be unchanged, even
>  those over 20 years old.
>
>  I would be interested to hear of anybody else's experience, especially with
>  recommendations for chromes films that seem to be stable over long periods.

Oops.... Let's try this again.

Bruce,  I can see no discernible deterioration in any of my old slides, going
back to about '62.... I've always used Kodachrome 25 or 64.  I'll try other
films now that my interest in photography is renewed.  But if any of them
disappoint me, I know what to go back to.

Rich