[OM] OM2-sp battery dilemma

Subject: [OM] OM2-sp battery dilemma
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 17:41:21 -0800
My OM2sp tends to go through batteries pretty fast (2-3 months) but
that's the norm i guess considering the amount I use the flash. My
owner's manual says use SR44 or EPX76. I searched the archive and John
Hermanson says, MS76, KS76, 357, G13, SR44. Locally the EPX76 sells for
$5 ea.!! so I've gotten the 357's or MS76 for $2 each and can't tell the
difference. But today I noticed the S76E silver oxide hearing aid
batteries in a 6 pak for $5.39 which seems like a good deal. I see that
Gary Edwards reported using them with good results. Any reason _not_ to
use these batteries and save myself some $$$? Any problem storing them
for the 8-9 months it'll take to use up the pack? It would be nice to
carry the pack with me to be ready for days like today when the
batteries died at an inopportune time.

Mike