Re: [OM] Film -- Slide Permanence

Subject: Re: [OM] Film -- Slide Permanence
From: "Bruce Appelbaum" <brucea@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 16:01:49 -0500
Cc: <WKato@xxxxxxx>
Warren -- thanks for your thoughtful reply.  I am using a Minolta Scan Dual
II with Photoshop 6.  I scan through Photoshop using the Minolta software
via the twain driver.  I find that the auto settings help some, but not
enough.  Again, the fading of the Agfachromes seems to be primarily toward a
magenta cast.  I can correct manually with good results, but it is a time
consuming and tedious process.  I will look into Kai Photo Soap, though.

I was aware that Kodachromes are legendary for longevity (coining a phrase)
but have not used them in the past, preferring a faster speed (100 or 200).

end

Regards

Bruce Appelbaum
Yorktown Heights, New York