Re: [OM] Here you have, ;o)

Subject: Re: [OM] Here you have, ;o)
From: Nick Taylor <ntaylor@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 21:21:22 -0800
Gregg Iverson wrote:

> Thank you for the clarification.  I have always treated attachments with
> suspicion unless the e-mail specifically tells me to expect one.  Someday I
> expect a really devious programmer will figure out how to send an e-mail
> telling me to expect the attached file.  Until then, I should be safe.

Gregg,
   To be on the safe side, I do NOT open executable attachments even if
I've been told to expect them.  I ALWAYS verify their authenticity with
the sender AFTER receiving and BEFORE opening the attachment.  This may
sound paranoid, but I KNOW that there are hackers out there trying to
infect my computer!

;-)
   -Nick