Re: [OM] OT - N*k*n FM3A

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - N*k*n FM3A
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 08:12:14 -0600
----- Original Message -----
 Conrad F. Samuels wrote:
> Well, without being controversial, it seems to me that the OM line is
> destined for extinction

Ray Moth continued:
> I think you're right, OM could die out soon

And the FM3A is also destined for extinction before it even hits the
streets.  Few people will buy it compared with digital, P&S, and APS
options.  It is somewhat more interesting than the OM2000 at a price 3 or 4
times greater.  One thing that can be said perhaps is that N*kon has taken
care of its manual camera users better over time than Olympus, although
Olympus is arguably a better system in the availability of so many
accessories that work with so many models.  As a sometime user of both
systems, it seems like a toss up.

Recommend people live each day as though extinction were at hand anyway.
Most of the material things I value will not be valued in the same way by my
children -- I don't have that excuse to collect them.  So I just enjoy the
heck out of them.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA