Re: [OM] OT - N*k*n FM3A

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - N*k*n FM3A
From: Jay W <jayw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 04:43:37 -0800 (PST)
--- Thomas Heide Clausen <thomas.clausen@xxxxxxxx>
>> My fabulous father bought me a new 4Ti for Xmas (bless his soul for all
>> eternity)
>
>I'm available for adoption, should you need a brother ;)

It's right. I don't feel the urgent need for a brother.  :-)) I have been
paying him back with a new 50mm 1.8, to replace his 20+ year old one that has
problems as well as a 65-116 auto tube. If I can find a nice 80mm auto Macro
I'll give him my one that is in pretty rough shape.

>Well, I have an OM4 from 1986, which shows no sign of problems. Likewise
>with my oldest OM2s/p, which I got around the same time. Neither show
>these problems, and both have been (and are) subject to heavy usage.
>
>I just take care of the cameras, send them to have a health-check every
>3-5 years at Olympus Denmark.
>
>I think, that you have nothing much to fear - but John or some other
>professional OM-repair-guy can probably comment more than I?
>
>--thomas

Thanks Thomas, I guess I'll worry about it if it starts showing problems but I
can't see that happening for many a year yet.

Jay