Re: [OM] Film Test - Fuji SuperHG 1600 ASA

Subject: Re: [OM] Film Test - Fuji SuperHG 1600 ASA
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 16:28:48 +0100
: Hmmmm!!!  I can't afford pro-processing.

Maybe you should just ask how much pro-developing is. Just developing, not
printing, because that is indeed much more expensive. Over here I pay f.4.25 for
normal developing in a mass-film processing chain (CeWe Color) with two-day
servive, and f.11.60 for developing (with or without pushing - doesn't matter)
in a professional lab with a two-hour service.

It'll also give you more quality guarantees (less scratches, more accurate
development).

: Interesting!  Not sure what kinda lighting ('cept *bright*!) they use in
: concerts, but it's gotta be closer to daylight than regular incandescent
: lighting...  right???

Not really, but the colour casts from the coloured spotlights are part of the
atmosphere you're trying to catch. A flash will certainly kill it and a strong
blue filter like the 80A sometimes too. In many cases however there isn't enough
light to afford the 1 2/3 stop loss in light, even when the film is rated at
3200; getting speeds of 1/125 or faster is more important - extra filtering can
be done afterwards if you're using print film.

hnz