Re: [OM] Film Test - Fuji SuperHG 1600 ASA

Subject: Re: [OM] Film Test - Fuji SuperHG 1600 ASA
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 07:45:32 -0700
On 23 Jan 2001, at 15:39, Hans van Veluwen wrote:

> These films are rated at 800 ASA; pushing them one stop means you set the
> camera to 1600 and tell the lab the film needs to be processed at 1600,
> i.e. pushed one stop. Some one-hour labs may do that, otherwise you need a
> professional (mini-) lab.

Hmmmm!!!  I can't afford pro-processing.  I'll have to ask Costco if they'll
do that for me.  Since we do all our stuff there and they know us well,
maybe they'll make an exception for us if they don't normally do that?
We'll see.

> The Press 800 and Supra 800 are my favorite films for available light
> concert shooting; I rate then at 1600 (or, when necessary, even at 3200),
> use F2.8 zoom lenses and no filter to get shutter speeds of 1/125 or
> faster.

Interesting!  Not sure what kinda lighting ('cept *bright*!) they use in
concerts, but it's gotta be closer to daylight than regular incandescent
lighting...  right???  Anyway, I'll have to get some Supra 800 and try
your suggestion.  The idea of shooting at 3200 sounds *real* interesting!

Thanks for the tips!

Regards,

Chris

---