Re: [OM] T20 inop on Auto

Subject: Re: [OM] T20 inop on Auto
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 16:42:11 -0600
Do you mean regular "Auto" flash mode, with the flash set on one of the
two "Auto" settings (not "Manual" or TTL mode)?  If so, be sure you're
within the range shown on the scale on the flash.

If you're using the flash in TTL mode, be sure there's film in the
camera and a lens attached.  Then be careful not to exceed the flash's
range -- if you're using a small aperture, the maximum range is a matter
if a few feet only.

The T-20 uses a "quench" tube to control the output, meaning it
effectively "dumps" full power every time it's fired.  That means the
recycle time will not vary significantly.