Re: [OM] Benbo 1's, defragging, and Epson Printers (Slightly OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Benbo 1's, defragging, and Epson Printers (Slightly OT)
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:25:08 -0000
Paul Reynolds wrote:

> I have come to the conclusion that the best way to carry it [Benbo 1] for
any
> distance, in the absence of a case, is over one shoulder with the legs
> splayed. The tripod's that is, not mine...

I must try that. I've given up trying to find a case for my Trekker and am
now looking for a strap for it - they make one but I haven't found a
stockist.

> In the Sunday Telegraph this week there is an ad for a printer cartridge
> refill system, claiming you can save up to 800f your print costs, from a
> company called Universal Inkjet System in Southampton. Has anyone tried
this
> or something similar? ...

Haven't tried theirs but I've refilled many H-P (originally with fountain
pen ink and food colouring) and Lexmark cartridges. I presently use J-R
black ink with great success with my current Lexmark, but my first refilled
colour cartridge died suddenly after a few excellent prints, when some
spiked cogwheel detached itself from the rollers somewhere and jammed under
the print head, wrecking it. I had to buy another Lexmark one which I
haven't yet had to refill. If you're going to refill colour cartridges, I'd
suggest you buy three 'inkjectors' as the notion that you clean out the same
one between colours is not a good one. Years ago I suspected that water left
in one after cleaning helped to cause striping with my H-P heads.

J-R kits and components are available very reasonably from MX2, Guernsey and
J-R themselves have an email help service, which was prompt and useful on
the one occasion I tried it.

Regards,
-Keith