Re: [OM] Lycos Copyright Infringement

Subject: Re: [OM] Lycos Copyright Infringement
From: Steve Goss <steveg3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 19:11:35 -0600
I looked under a few names-
My name got almost 50 hits, none of which I had ever seen before.
John Lind's name got 130 some hits, and I recognized the one with the horse
blankets on a line in front of a barn.
Siddiq, have you been to Libya lately?

If there are copyright notices with the pictures in their original location,
and they are separated from the picture on Lycos, then I would think that
qualifies as an infringement.  E-mailing Lycos and demanding that your
copyright be shown with the thumbnail or large image will either (1) get your
copyright notice added, or (2) get your pictures removed. I think option 2
would be more likely.  Failing that, I'm sure there are a lot of lawyers who
would be glad to sue Lycos for you.

Steve Goss, Dallas TX usa
I'll worry about image theft once I can produce images worthy of being stolen.