Re: [OM] Lycos Copyright Infringement

Subject: Re: [OM] Lycos Copyright Infringement
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 22:22:10 -0700
On 15 Jan 2001, at 19:11, Steve Goss wrote:

> E-mailing Lycos and demanding that your copyright be shown with the
> thumbnail or large image will either (1) get your copyright notice
> added, or (2) get your pictures removed. I think option 2 would be more
> likely.

Hmmmm....  but if they're using a web crawler to gather the images in
the first place, then isn't removing the images futile because the web
crawler will just go out and get them again at some point????

> I'll worry about image theft once I can produce images worthy of being
> stolen.

Probably why MY images aren't on there!  (SNIFF!)  I'm hurt!!!  :-)

Chris

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.nucleus.com/~coneill